Our Values articulate the guiding principles that drive and motivate us, help us achieve our corporate goals and shape our future direction.
- Organizational Management and Accountability - Good business depends on knowing what is required and being able to take action to achieve it. We are committed to operating smart and conducting our business in a knowledgeable way ensuring our practices are collaborative, transparent, flexible, supportive and accountable.
- Safety – We will focus on promoting and ensuring the highest level of safety and high quality services to all facets of our operations.
- Fair Play & Ethics – We will always promote the highest behavioural and ethical standards.
- Commitment to Excellence – We will constantly strive to improve our performance through a commitment to excellence across all our areas of operations.
- Community & Partnerships – We will actively seek, develop and enhance partnerships with government, sporting institutions, commercial groups and the public to achieve our goals. We focus on building and maintaining effective internal and external exchange in order to communicate effectively with our stakeholders
- Innovation - We are committed to developing an organization that is innovative in the areas of strategic priority.
- Development & Education – The future of cycling depends on education and development. We will ensure that we offer a wide variety of opportunities for coaches, athletes, administrators, and volunteers to access education and development opportunities.
- Inclusiveness – Our cycling community is inclusive to all persons.
The Alberta Bicycle Association was incorporated on February 27, 1973. At this time the major concerns in the early 1970s were:
- To promote racing in Alberta
- To encourage popularity and participation in racing
- To increase the number of organized races
- Until this time all funding and business of cycling was directed through the Canadian Cycling Association (“CCA”). In the 1970s sport organizations were forming throughout Alberta with the intent of receiving government funding and autonomy. Upon incorporation the Alberta Bicycle Association became recognized as the governing body of cycling in Alberta.
Today the The ABA is a not-for-profit association run by professional staff, relying on membership fees, fundraising, and government support for operating funds. ABA members include road, track, BMX, cyclo-cross, mountain bike, and downhill racing, recreational and transportation, educators, coaches, officials, administrators, enthusiast, volunteers, and advocates of the sport.
The mission of the ABA is to advocate, develop, and facilitate bicycling for Albertans.
The vision of the ABA is to be the recognized authority and leader for bicycling in Alberta.
11759 Groat Rd
Edmonton AB T5M 3K6
Toll Free: 1-877-646-BIKE(2453)