TYPES OF MEMBERSHIPCCA/UCI License (Road/MTB-XC,DH, 4X/Track/Cyclo-Cross/BMX)
who wish to compete out-of-province or at national and international
events held within Alberta must be CCA/UCI licensed members. Licensed
racing members receive all of the benefits of ABA membership. The ABA
issues the License on behalf of the CCA & UCI. All individuals
registering as a Commissaire must take this license.
- Receive a vote at the ABA AGM
- Ability to register in all ABA events where they are licensed.
- Receive insurance coverage (CGL & AD&D) for all cycling activities
- Eligible for upgrades and awards
- CCA/License valid internationally
Citizen License (Road, MTB – XC, Cyclo-Cross)
Alberta race license is not a UCI race license, but a license which
allows riders to participate in designated ABA sanctioned events and
allows racers to become more active in the racing scene beyond club or
midweek racing. The Citizen
License is purchased by riders who wish to compete only in Alberta
events in Road, MTB and Cyclo-Cross (excluding Nationals, Canada Cup or
World Cup events held within the Province). Citizen license holders
many only compete in entry level categories regardless of age or
ability, they can collect upgrade points but are only able to use them
if they take out a CCA/UCI license.
Riders who have previously held a UCI license are only able to be
issued this license if they are in the lowest category of each
- Can register at Level ' B' Road Races, MTB-XC, Enduro - MTB, and Cyclocross races.
- Can participate in races in club events (e.g. midweek racing, district racing)
- Receive insurance coverage (CGL & AD&D) for their sanctioned cycling activities
category applies to individuals belonging to an ABA affiliated racing
club who do not hold a Race License or Citizen Permit. The Club
Membership program is a way for club members to gain access to the
ABA's sport injury and liability insurance coverage during their club
events. Club Members have a vote at the ABA's Annual General Meeting,
but are not eligible for provincial upgrade points. Club Memberships can only be purchased through an ABA affiliated club.
- Club Members can participate in their club’s activities
- Receive insurance coverage (CGL & AD&D) for their club’s activities
- Can register for up-to two provincial level events with day-licenses (not eligible for upgrades or awards)
- Receive a copy of the ABA Newsletter
- Can take advantage of one event racing license.
Single Event License(must pay at event)
Club Members will be permitted to compete at ABA events with the
purchase of a day-license (rate to be set on an annual basis). A club
member will only be allowed to compete in a maximum of 2 events with a
day-license. There will be no day-licensing available for BMX races.
Any day-licensed individual will not be eligible for upgrade points or
series points unless they buy a UCI/CCA license
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
CCA/UCI License (Road/MTB-XC,DH, 4X/Track/Cyclo-Cross/BMX)
Alberta License (Road, MTB – XC, Cyclo-Cross)
One Event Racing Permit (must pay at event)