WHICH TYPE OF License IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Please review the five ABA licensing options and choose the correct license that meets your needs.
Choose General Non-Racing License if you are interested in club rides and activities. General Non-Racing license holders DO NOT have access to race at the AB Cup Series in any discipline.
- General Non-Racing license holders can participate in Fondos or mass participation events sanctioned by ABA.
- General Non-Racing license holders can NOT race in Provincial Championship events.
- General Non-Racing license holders can only race BMX district races at their HOME track
Choose Citizen License if you are interested in Categorized Racing in AB only including AB Cup and Provincial Championships.
- Provincial Race license holders can race in Road, Track and CX Provincial Cup events that are sanctioned by the ABA at the lowest category offered
- Provincial Race license holders can race in XC in the citizen class
- Provincial Race licenses are not valid for BMX
- Provincial Race license holders can NOT race outside of Saskatchewan.
- Provincial Race license holders can NOT race in UCI or Nationally sanctioned categories at national or international events
Choose a UCI license if you are interested in racing outside of AB or Canada, or in UCI sanctioned events.
- UCI licenses are required for competing in National Championships and nationally sanctioned races.
- UCI licenses are required to earn upgrade points
- UCI licenses are required to participate in AB Cup BMX races and district racing outside your home track
- Late Season Cyclo-cross licenses, Para licenses and DH licenses are only valid for the individual discipline
Choose a Commissaire license if you actively work as a commissaire and have completed the appropriate commissaire course.
Choose a UCI Technical license if you wish to work as a coach, team manager, soigneur, organizer, mechanic, caravan driver, agent
You must have the appropriate credentials to register for a number of technical licence categories:
- Coaches must have completed training and/or certification as an NCCP cycling coach.
- Drivers must have successfully completed Cycling Canada’s online Caravan Driver Training