RMCC Junior MTB Race Coach
1 - July 23 (12 weeks, part-time)
Based in Canmore and Banff, Alberta, RMCC is a cycling club for all ages which includes a popular and comprehensive youth development program for ages to 5-18.
- foster a long term love for cycling in a positive, fun, friendly, LTAD-appropriate environment
- develop participant fitness, knowledge, understanding, and comfort with training and racing
- focus is on XC MTB, but other disciplines can be included as appropriate: road, all-mountain, etc.
- there are 2 programs: U15 (13-14 yrs - intro to training and racing) & U19 (15-18 yrs - junior racing program)
- lead practice sessions 2 times/wk for each program, each approximately 2hrs long
- provide race support: 3-4 local mid-week races, and 3-4 weekend events
- provide individualized monthly training programs for all participants (appropriate to their level)
- report to RMCC Head Coach
- varies with experience & qualifications
- total hours: approximately 180-200 hrs
- RMCC will assist with approved professional development (ie. NCCP coaching courses)
email your resume with reference contacts by Mar. 8 to:
RMCC Head Coach