It is with extreme reluctance that we have decided to CANCEL this weekend's race due to a dismal and unsafe forecast. There has been a lot of work already put into this event and it was not an easy decision. Our committee is unanimous in recommending the event be re-scheduled rather than face the risks of an unsafe venue.
As a club we take pride in hosting multiple high-quality unique events every year. We have an amazing group of cyclists willing to volunteer their time to make Alberta Race Cycling a better place. Unfortunately mother nature has forced us to consider another time frame for this excellent event.
In the coming weeks, we will let the Alberta scene know if we were successful in re-scheduling the race.
The deadlines to cancel the Porta-Potties and the Ambulance are early-afternoon today before we incur a significant cost. This is not the only deciding factor, it is more the volunteer time commitment.
Special thanks to Darcy Gullacher who put all the work securing all the permissions from multiple authorities required to host this race.
Speed Theory Cycling