CAREER OPPORTUNITY – HIGH PERFORMANCE DIRECTOR
The Alberta Bicycle Association, the governing body for cycling in the province of Alberta, is hiring a Provincial Head Coach, to be based either in Edmonton or Calgary.
Key responsibilities of this full time, year-round position include:
- Athlete Development, planning development camps, and creating an LTAD implementation plan and meaningful competition review
- Coaching Development, including creating a positive, synergistic and cooperative working relationship with Alberta coaches, and overseeing delivery of NCCP;
- Provincial Team program, including program preparation, coordination, and management.
Candidates suited to this position will bring a wide range of skills, abilities, and experience. Key attributes of the successful candidate will include:
- Experience delivering cycling programs following Canada’s Long-Term Athlete Development model
- Proven ability to develop cyclists primarily at the Train-to-Compete level of LTAD
- NCCP-certified Competition Development, or capable of attaining this certification by May 2021
- Post-secondary degree in Physical Education, Kinesiology, or related area
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with youth and para athletes
The position will require significant schedule flexibility, with frequent evening and weekend work. In addition, substantial travel will be required. Please find a complete description of this position at http://www.albertabicycle.ab.ca/uploads/files/Provincial%20Head%20Coach%20PD.pdf
Application Deadline: October 13th, 2019
Starting salary: Based on education, qualifications, and experience. Range $50,000 to $55,000 per annum.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter, including preferred location of either Edmonton or Calgary, to Alberta Bicycle Association Executive Director Heather Lothian (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please note the position title in the subject line of your email.
The Alberta Bicycle Association is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.