The primary focus of the program is on engaging more women (target age group is 12-18 years old) in organized cycling in Canada. Engaging more women is important for both increasing physical activity and increasing Canada’s competitive success rate.
What are the objectives of this program?
- Increase regular and on-going participation of women in organized cycling.
- Address barriers to participation in organized cycling.
- Establish working partnerships with P/TSOs, cycling clubs and other organizations to recruit and service women’s.
- Assess results, and create and share a model for female participation with our partners
Who can apply?
- Club with a letter of support from their P-TSO
- National training center
What level of funding is available?
- Grants from $500 - $3,000
When can I apply?
- From February 1st to March 15th 2012
What must be in the application ?
· The name of the local club/organization your P/TSO will partner with, and a written expression of interest from that club/organization;
· A brief statement outlining what you expect to achieve and how you will achieve it;
· A work plan showing the main activities between March 30, 2012 and October 31, 2022;
· A list of specific, measurable deliverables including a target for increased female participation in the activity (e.g. “Increase the number of registered women by 100”)
· A draft budget showing the contribution (cash or in-kind) by the P/TSO and the local club/organization.A draft budget showing how the CCA financial contribution will be used.