2020 Provincial Team
Projected 2020 Provincial Team Events
Provincial Team events to be confirmed soon
ABA Provincial Team policies for all teams
- To be eligible for selection, athletes must be licensed members of the Alberta Bicycle Association, and must carry the designation ‘Canadian’ on their licenses. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- If a selected rider refuses his or her position on the Provincial Team, the Racing Committee may at their discretion choose to replace that rider; in the case that another rider is selected, the position will become a “Racing Committee Selection”.
- Projects are partially funded by the Alberta Bicycle Association; selected athletes are responsible to contribute a portion of the costs.
- Athletes are required to sign the Team Alberta Athlete Agreement prior to taking part in a project.
- Athletes must wear the Provincial Team uniform when competing for Team Alberta.
- Athletes must complete the UCI anti-doping education module "True Champion or Cheat" before taking part in any Provincial Team activities.
- Athletes must provide one person to work a 2018 Casino shift
Athletes may be selected for doping control at any of the races listed above. It is the athlete’s responsibility to become familiar with doping control procedures, and the list of restricted and banned substances. Athletes should consult the Canadian Center for Ethics in Sport (http://www.cces.ca/) for information on restricted substances, therapeutic exemptions, and other doping control matters.
For details on specific selection criteria click on the provincial team project below: