2018 Provincial Team
The 2018 season will be the 1st year and final cycle of athlete preparation and development for the 2021 Canada Games. The competitive season will focus primarily on the development of young cyclists i Resources targeted at athletes in the 16 to 18 year age range also fulfill the ABAs role in the implementation of Cycling Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) stages of: Train to Train, Learn to Compete and Train to Compete.
Projected 2018 Provincial Team Events
Penticton Road Camp
Victoria MTB Camp
Western Canadian Track Championships February 16th to 18th
Victoria MTB Canada Cup March 31st to April 1st
Junior Track National Championships April 12th to April 15th
Missoula Pro XC June 7-11th
Other Provincial Team events to be confirmed later in 2018
ABA Provincial Team policies for all teams
- To be eligible for selection, athletes must be licensed members of the Alberta Bicycle Association, and must carry the designation ‘Canadian’ on their licenses. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- If a selected rider refuses his or her position on the Provincial Team, the Racing Committee may at their discretion choose to replace that rider; in the case that another rider is selected, the position will become a “Racing Committee Selection”.
- Projects are partially funded by the Alberta Bicycle Association; selected athletes are responsible to contribute a portion of the costs.
- Athletes are required to sign the Team Alberta Athlete Agreement prior to taking part in a project.
- Athletes must wear the Provincial Team uniform when competing for Team Alberta.
- Athletes must complete the UCI anti-doping education module "True Champion or Cheat" before taking part in any Provincial Team activities.
- Athletes must provide one person to work a 2018 Casino shift
Athletes may be selected for doping control at any of the races listed above. It is the athlete’s responsibility to become familiar with doping control procedures, and the list of restricted and banned substances. Athletes should consult the Canadian Center for Ethics in Sport (http://www.cces.ca/) for information on restricted substances, therapeutic exemptions, and other doping control matters.
For details on specific selection criteria click on the provincial team project below:
2018 Provincial Team Selection Documents
|Western Canadian Track Championships
Victoria MTB Camp
Bear Mt MTB Canada Cup
Junior Track National Championships
Jr. Road Nationals
|Missoula Pro XC
Para Road Nationals
Para Track Nationals
BMX Development Team(2018)