The Government of Alberta has recently put the province under a State of Emergency due to rising Covid cases. In addition, they have implemented the Restrictions Exemption Program. As noted on the Alberta Government website, “The Restrictions Exemption Program (REP) permits businesses/entities/organizers, referred to as operators in this document, to operate without the majority of public health restrictions in CMOH Order 42-2021.” Using that document as a guide and mirroring what other national and provincial level races are implementing, the following will be required to attend the Canmore Canada Cup as a racer, support staff, volunteer, or spectator:
- Registration will be contactless for race number pickup. A valid UCI license, where applicable, must also be shown.
- Masks are required in any inside area and required during any interactions with volunteers and race officials, but not required while racing.
- All Provincial and Regional Jurisdictional Health policies and protocols must be followed, at a minimum.
- In an effort to protect our community, athletes, officials and volunteers all participants and volunteers over the age of 12 must be double vaccinated in order to participate. A proof of vaccination will be required to be shown at registration.
- Racers/volunteers/spectators must carry a mask with them to use in a situation where physical distancing cannot occur.
- Where possible, consider giving yourself and each other 2 metres of distance..
- Anyone who has been in recent contact with someone with symptoms of COVID-19 may not participate or attend any events.
- Please stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- All riders and volunteers must bring their own food and drinks.
- Failure to comply with AHS/Alberta Bicycling Association/Cycling Canada regulations and/or the instructions of an official will result in removal from the event and may result in further sanctions, penalties or fines.
Thank you for your understanding in these unprecedented times. We believe that having consistent requirements at all races on the ABA and Canada Cup circuits will protect all involved to the extent possible. We are excited to be able to host a race for our community and athletes who have been unable to race yet continue to train and ask that everyone respect these requirements.