Position Title Sport Coordinator- BMX & Mountain Bike
Application Closing Date: Will remain open until a suitable applicant is found
Salary: Based on experience, excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities and expenses.
Starting Date: ASAP
Location: This position is located at the Edmonton Office but the incumbent will be required to travel extensively within the province.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The key responsibility areas (KRAs) are the major outputs for which the position is responsible and are not a comprehensive statement of the position activities.
- Coordination and development of Events Calendar
- Work as a liaison between organizers, officials, and participants.
- Coordinate the production of race resources
- Development and maintenance of standards at events and provide support to Organizers, Officials, and Volunteers.
- Act as Technical Delegate to assigned races (all disciplines)
- Assist organizers in attracting National and International events to Alberta
- Manage the Trailblazers Youth Mountain Bike series
- Development of Provincial Commissaire Program.
- Management of clinics
- Key liaison with Racing and BMX Committees
- Coordinate meetings, including preparation and circulation of agendas and minutes, of BMX and Racing Committees
- Develop, maintain, develop and update administrative tools and all resources to assist in the delivery of events, materials and programs.
- Maintain BMX and Mountain Bike points, results and upgrades
- Assist Provincial Team Management
- Assist in the development of policy and procedures
- Preparation of information for communication vehicles.
- Maintain communication with membership, media, and other sport bodies as required
Key Selection Criteria
A suitable candidate for the position will have a post-secondary degree, preferably in Sport or Recreation, or related experience. Candidates must be comfortable working with computers; experience with Microsoft Excel is desirable. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator, and bring a high level of energy to the position. Candidates must have access to a vehicle.
Experience / Qualifications / Attributes:
Required by the incumbent to successfully perform the positions key responsibilities.
- A knowledge and understanding of cycling
- An affinity with the aims and targets of the Alberta Bicycle Association
- Understanding delivery of all aspects of a sports event
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with deadlines
Resumes must address the Qualifications and Knowledge/Experience/Attributes
Applications can be emailed to:
Alberta Bicycle Association
11759 Groat Road
Edmonton, AB T5M 3K6