2021 BMX Provincial Team Coach
The Alberta Bicycle Association (ABA) is taking applications for a BMX Coach for the 2021 Provincial Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a Provincial Team Program
- Assist the HP coach with logistics for Provincial Team projects (Travel, Accommodations, etc)
- Oversee Provincial Team projects
- Communicate with team members/parents regarding projects
- Lead and provide coaching at Provincial Team projects
- Provide the ABA Head Coach reports after each project
- Debrief athletes after camps/projects using GAP analysis and the skills development matrix
- Track expenses for all provincial team projects
- Advise and work with the ABA Head Coach
- Submit a First Aid plan for each travel project
- NCCP trained cycling coach
- Willingness to further NCCP qualifications
- Knowledge of the BMX LTAD model
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must provide a criminal record check
- Comply with ABA Coaches’ and Managers’ policy (http://www.albertabicycle.ab.ca/policies)
- Must complete respect in sport module
The BMX Provincial Team Head Coach will report directly to the Executive Director of the Alberta Bicycle Association. They will also be required to report on Provincial Team activity to the Alberta Bicycle Association’s Head Coach who will assist with mentoring for the successful candidate.
Please submit a resume, to Alberta Bicycle Association Executive Director Heather Lothian (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please note the position title in the subject line of your email.
The deadline to apply is November 20th, 2020.