Position: Deputy Chief Commissaire
Authority and Responsibility:
The Deputy Chief Commissaire is responsible, in concert with the Chief Commissaire, for all BMX officials in Alberta.
- Commitment to the work of the Alberta Bicycle Association.
- Attendance at BMX Committee meetings.
- Attendance at the Annual General Meeting.
- Be a licensed Commissaire of the Alberta Bicycle Association.
The Deputy Chief Commissaire is a one-year term.
- Facilitates the training of new officials in the disciplines of BMX
- Observe and evaluate all provincial officials through officials’ reports and observation at races.
- To recommend upgrades of deserving officials.
- To improve the standard of officiating at sanctioned events in Alberta.
- Take an active role to minimize risk for competitors and officials at a provincial level.
- Assign officials to events.
- Act as an advocate, mediator, and sounding board for BMX commissaires in Alberta.
- Propose, evaluate and/or implement changes in policy and regulations for the ABA
- Provide expert opinion to committee discussions on rules, safety, and event management
Closing Dates: ABA will accept applications until December 14, 2018.